When it comes to custom sticker printing, there are a lot of things to consider before you order. The type of material your stickers are printed on is one of the most important factors. Here are five tips for choosing the right stock for your stickers:
1. Know the different types of sticker materials
If you’re looking to create custom stickers, it’s important to know the different types of sticker materials available. The most common materials are paper, vinyl, and static cling.
- Paper stickers are the most affordable option, but they’re also the least durable.
- Vinyl stickers are more durable than paper stickers, and they can be printed in a variety of colors.
- Static cling stickers are made from a thin plastic film that attaches to surfaces using static electricity. They’re not as durable as vinyl stickers, but they can be removed without leaving any residue.
2. Consider your purpose for the stickers
Before you choose a material, you need to consider your purpose for the stickers. If you need a sticker that’s durable and can withstand outdoor conditions, waterproof vinyl stickers are the best option. Do you need a biodegradable sticker? Then have a look for biodegradable paper labels. Maybe you are looking for a limited edition label? Give glitter labels a try. You see, your purpose often precludes your options and can help you narrow done the materials.
3. Choose a material that matches your brand
Think of your stickers as an extension of your brand. If you want your stickers to match your brand, you need to choose a material that matches your brand’s style and image. Sleek and efficient tech companies are usually more drawn to a modern silver material, whereas independent shops are more interested in sparkly or paper-based options.
4. Decide on a budget
Before you order any stickers, you need to decide on a budget. As you can imagine, paper stickers are usually cheaper than vinyl stickers that come with metallic or fluorescent effects. Also have a look at different suppliers. You will find some that are much more expensive than others, but offer you exactly the same product.
5. Make sure you get samples before you order in bulk
The best way to make sure you get the right material for your stickers is to order samples before you order in bulk. This will give you a chance to test different materials and see which one is right for your needs. It’s also a good idea to order custom samples if you’re not sure which material will match your design.
When it comes to sticker printing, the type of material choose is important. Use these tips to make sure you choose the right stock for your custom stickers. Do you have even more tips you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below.